Ready Art Brut

The online mixtape!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Only Love Is Spoken Here by Pure Grain


When the Family Cat split up fans kept an eye on things hoping that lead singer Paul Frederick could translate his songwriting in The Family Cat to a new outlet. Pure Grain came along on Fierce Panda, and the change on the whole was a good one, more Rockbreaking than Tom Verlaine, two of the Family Cat's standout tracks.

Only love is spoken here, I can't recall how this came to my attention, it is an absolutely beautiful song and one that gets a play every now and again and if you are making a tape for a special lady, this could easily sit nicely between Barry White and any other romantic track, unless that any other romantic track is WASP's Fuck like a beast.

When Pure Grain stopped making music Fred went on to form Jack Adapter, they aren't too good in my opinion.


Only love is spoken here.mp3 by Pure Grain
Pure Grain

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first heard "Only Love Is Spoken Here" on a GLR [Greater London Radio]live lunchtime session in 1999 or 2000. That was a full band version with a female backing singer [Cara McKay ?]. They also played another gem on that day called "Cheap Little Necklace". They did at least one more of these sessions - not sure if that was before or after the above - & played "Jack Of None". Funny enough, another gem. If they played anything else that day I missed it. At the time of one of the sessions they did have an album sampler prepared which I would dearly love to hear. Sadly - to my knowledge - the album never appeared and I've been sat waving a wad of cash all this time. If you are interested I am in the process of converting tapes to CD & may be able to send you what I have- a few songs. Gratis, of course. Mail "canisius@tiscali.co.uk"

9:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home