Ready Art Brut

The online mixtape!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Walking Talking Johnny Cash Blues by The Godfathers

I am trying to avoid slipping any Johnny Cash into this blog, at least in the foreseeable future. It isn't that I dislike the man or his music, it is actually the opposite, Johnny cash is one of my favourite artists, I truly love him and his work. That's the problem, how many blogs have hurt on them, or some reference to Walk the Line, to the point of tedium. So I am going to let all this hullaballoo calm down then hit you up the head with Orange Blossom Special or some other work of genius.

The Godfathers then, Walking Talking Johnny Cash Blues. I remember seeing them on Top Of The Pops and thinking fuck, they look hard, in the same respect that The Stranglers looked hard or Motorhead, you didn't want to mess with any of them, not Primal Scream though, I say Primal Scream, Bobby Gillespie, I could easily have him, him and the singer out of The Field Mice. I digress this track although namechecks Johnny, it almost steals his style as well, the chugging guitar could be Luther Perkins, well Luther Perkins if he had been a member of Eddie and The Hotrods. Its a good solid dance track, in the old sense of the word dance and not some godawful techno bobbins.


http://fsphost.com/readyartbrut/wtjcb.mp3
The Godfathers

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The list of books of the old testament
God rebuked them for the evil they had done; and then drove them out of the Garden of Eden, placing an angel to keep watch over the gate so that they could not return.

http://oldstory.spiritualideas.com/

11:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home